Cities for Action is a coalition of nearly 180 U.S. mayors and county executives advocating for pro-immigrant federal policies and launching innovative, inclusive programs and policies at the local level.
- Public Safety: Ensuring the well-being and safety of all our constituents, regardless of immigration status, and challenging federal policies that inhibit localities' ability to protect our residents.
- Advancing Immigrant Rights: Defending the rights of immigrant residents, advancing immigration protections locally and nationally, and responding to threats to immigration policies.
- Civic Inclusion: Promoting policies and programs that support immigrant inclusion and engagement in civic life.
- Cities for Action launched in December 2014, when two dozen mayors gathered in New York City to commit to a set of principles and actions to support and uplift immigrant residents.
- Today, our members collectively represent nearly 70 million people and over 17 million foreign-born residents across the United States.
- Cities for Action advocates for pro-immigrant federal policies that create stronger cities. The coalition also develops and disseminates best practices on local policies and programs that further immigrant residents' well-being.